Wednesday Forest School
Wednesdays 10am - 11.30 am
Children aged 1-5 years (Pre-school)
Term time only
Go on an outdoor adventure with your child at Muddy Footprints Forest School. Allow yourself to be child led. Get into their world as they explore and grow in confidence in the wild outdoors.
Forest School is regular sessions in the same outdoor location where children can see the impact of the changing season and immerse themselves in play.
What to expect
- Wild free play for your children to play and explore in nature.
- Learn how to use tools outdoors including how to cut, saw, drill and bang wood.
- Use your new skills to make woodland crafts. We always value the process more than the end product.
- Learn how to build a campfire and cook over it. For example marshmallows, bananas, wraps - the possibilities are endless.
- Water and mud play.
- Plenty of den building and creative play. Den building is made accessible to younger children with tarps and bungees. Children can craft their own worlds easily and get on with playing in them
- We tell stories from books and our imaginations with nature and environmental themes. Familiar characters like The Gruffalo and Stick Man help the children settle in as well as introducing new stories that will become firm favourites.